Our community is made of
We don't just work in Downtown Kitchener.
We own it.
The Downtown Kitchener Business Improvement Area (BIA) works for and collaborates with its members to undertake projects and promote events that will help Downtown Kitchener continue to evolve into a more competitive commercial hub, business district and cultural destination.
- Promote authentic experiences.
- Support a vibrant arts and culture scene.
- Amplify the use of live entertainment.
- Encourage experiences in unique spaces.
- Engage in programs to make Downtown attractive for visitors, employees, and residents.
- Work with partners where possible, including municipal and regional governments, for the best return on investment in beautification efforts.
- Act as the catalyst connecting people to the downtown district.
- Focus on making new connections between residents, businesses, and community events.
"I love being part of a renaissance. There’s so much energy around the architecture and the artists and the community and the new businesses. Cities in rebuilding mode offer amazing opportunities for small businesses"- Jordan Dolson, Legacy Greens
"The growth potential is there. You can see it. You can feel the energy. There are some really cool businesses happening in Downtown Kitchener these days. Momentum is definitely trending in the right direction."- Drew Butterworth, goodvibes juice co.
The Kitchener BIA was a deciding factor in our opening in the region. The rollout of the patio program perfectly highlighted their determination to put small businesses first. Since opening, we've been supported, accommodated, and consulted regularly by the BIA.- Brandon Rennie, The Civil